this "friend ladder" needs to be burned

Monday, March 17, 2008



let me get this straight... the WORST thing a guy could hear from a girl that he likes and has befriended is:

-i love you...like a brother!
-who, him? oh, he's just a friend.
-he's such a nice guy, but...
-he's too nice.
-i can't date him, i'd break his heart.
(Please, feel free to join in and add anymore that I have missed.)


yeah yeah yeah... well, you know what, guys? girls get it, too! However, we hear:

-she's one of the guys.
-who, her? she's just a friend.
-(insert name here)'s like my sister.
-pfft. no, we're JUST friends.
-(when a friend asks, "is she your girlfriend?") he replies: us? it's not even like that!
(Please, feel free to join in and add anymore that I have missed.)



And... the discussion begins here.
-

Posted by S. at 12:43 AM  

4 comments:

my brain is lacking some fun after all this studying. so here i go..

more things guys hate hearing:
- ..... . ... um. yeah...
- oh shi-*click* "hello?.."
- that would be awkward!
- GROSS!

You have some real good ones already. man i hate those "he's nice, but.." ARGH!!! if you have to use one of these, i suggest NONE of them. don't follow a positive with a negative.. you can't cover up a knife in the back with a band-aid. But i guess there really is no easier way, huh? life sucks sometimes. how about a lie?
"I'm actually seeing someone right now."

So what are we supposed to do in situations like this? how do you turn the befriended moment into the not-so-awkward moment?

Would it help if I said to her "yes, i'd rather just be friends.. you ok with that? cmon, lets grab a bite real quick, we can talk about it." I know that I wouldn't be able to just move on right away, so maybe helping her move on slowly by talking it over might ease that knife out a bit? for the girls, i think that if he's too much of a DOUCHE to do that for you, then he's not the guy you expect him to be. tension between friends is REAL AWKWARD.

COMMUNICATION is real talk.

[marc]

PS: good topic steph. you rock! like a boat.

Marc-James said...
March 19, 2008 at 3:01 AM  

I've been slackin on comments!

Soo... apparently I'm not "one of the guys."

I know that Mikey's dubbed me that before but a couple days ago Marc & Andrew said that I'm not because nobody ever dubbed me that.. except for myself. Jenna explained it to me.. but I wanna hear why I'm not.. just out of curiosity.

Cuz I can hang & I'm a down ass bitch. Okay maybe not that last one, but you get me.

Sheena said...
April 1, 2008 at 9:40 PM  

hmm..

If you wanna be considered "one of the guys," then you can have my approval...

anyone else?

[marc]

Marc-James said...
April 2, 2008 at 12:26 AM  

It's not that I want to.. [and I wouldn't mind if I was either].. was just curious on what the "criteria" was for being dubbed "one of the guys."

No big deal. :)

Sheena said...
April 3, 2008 at 6:30 PM  

Post a Comment