Whaddaya say?

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Picture this..

You're sitting at a dinner table with your best bud [guys with close guy friend, ladies with close lady friend], and a set of two other people of the opposite gender whom you just met, and are getting to know. Everyone is hitting it off. The night is going good, everyone is enjoying themselves and the conversations are being carried out with ease. You and the bud leave the table to use the restroom together [yes, guys.. just this once, pretend we go together]. What goes on in the next 5 minutes during this distance is a to be considered one of the great wonders you'll never know. The women will evaluate the men, while the men evaluate the women as well. But when both parties join back together, not one word of the two discussions are every brought up, yet only sneaky giggles and smirks here and there.

So here is my question.. WHAT DO THEY SAY WHEN WE'RE NOT AROUND??? the above situation is the first setting, seeing that many of us may be able to relate to that situation SOME DAY during our bachelor/ette time in life. Many other situations can be used. For example..

for the ladies..
- Man asks you out on a date. You say yes. You go home.. scratch that, you make it to the car before you pick up your phone and call your BFF. WHAT DO YOU SAY WHEN WE'RE NOT AROUND?
- You see a good looking guy, but don't have the courage to say something.. WHAT ARE YOU TEXTING YOUR BFF WHEN WE'RE NOT AROUND?

guys..
- Beautiful women walks by, gives you a longer-than-normal glance and smiles. WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? OR TELLING YOUR BUD NEXT TO YOU?
- Good looking lady is eyeing you down. You want to ask her for her name/a dance/number/some quality time.. WHAT'S YOUR THOUGHT PROCESS?

I bring this topic up because I thought it would open up our minds as to what the other gender is thinking when you make an impression on them. post up the setting/situation with your answers, please.

To conclude on a funnier note, here's a few from Overheard In New York ..
Hot southern girl #1: So, before I came up here my mom is like, "Be very careful around those northern boys, they think all southern girls just love to cook and f*ck."
Hot southern girl #2: Oh my gosh, are you serious? They think that? That's so messed up!
Hot southern girl #1: I know!
Hot southern girl #2: But I really do love to cook... And f*ck.
Hot southern girl #1: I know... Me too.
[Overheard in the Union Square Cafe, NYC]


Woman #1: It's really small, you know, but the sex is wonderful.
Woman #2: You mean he's rich?
Woman #1: Yeah. Exactly.
[Overheard at Union Square]


[marc]

Posted by Marc-James at 1:19 AM  

4 comments:

hahaha

that last part is why there is such a love/hate relationship with the opposite gender.

AB said...
April 24, 2008 at 9:41 PM  

this is easy. and i would be glad to help answer this.

to the 'going to the car and call up your BFF, what do you say?' question:

-tell her the profile:
name
age
how cute he is, if he's cute
where i met him
how he's dressed
how he asked me out
where we'll be going on our date

there's not much else to say than that, assuming that it's a guy that i've never met until now. yes, girls love details. trust.

to the second question of "you see a good looking guy, but don't have the courage to say something. what are you texting your bff?":

(by the way, i love this question. word to sheena.)this is more like AIMing than texting for me, but the following are all individual sayings and NOT one text/aim message:

"omg omg omg omg omg omg. he's so cute. should i say something? i want to say something. omg. i would jump his bones. ahh damn it, he got up. should i say something now? what should i say? duuuuude, he's so cute. wow. i wish he'd just say something to me. i don't want to be weird. i can't stop staring. he makes me nervous and he hasn't even said anything to me. i'm feelin' the alicia keys song 'you don't know my name' right now."

as GAY as that sounds, that is what is said.

horrible that i let the secret out. cat's out the baaaaaag.

S. said...
April 26, 2008 at 7:48 PM  

HAH. i love the Second reply, steph. Classic.

overheard this while warming up at the gym..
Girl-A: "I wanna get a boob job."
Girl-B: "right now?!"
A: "no, like.. after im old. like 30."
B: "oh i know! me too! ill have kids first, then boob job!"
ME: ?!?!?!

When i see i girl, here's the thought process..
Deng she's cute.. AND she knows how to dress. I wonder if she saw me. *glance at her*.. now you saw me :) damn, i should talk to her.. shit, what am i gonna say.. gotta be original, marc. relax dude. OH SHIT, is she leaving?! Noooo.. oh okay, shes not. Okay, here i go.. okay go. okay now. NOW. okay maybe next time. DAMMIT. n00b.

that was the old me. i have yet to try the new me since i dont get out much here in bremerton :(
it seems both genders think the same, tho.. step yo game up!

[marc]

Marc-James said...
April 28, 2008 at 9:28 PM  

Girls really do love detail.. that's why it takes us longer to tell a story, hahah.

"Man asks you out on a date. You say yes. You go home.. scratch that, you make it to the car before you pick up your phone and call your BFF. WHAT DO YOU SAY WHEN WE'RE NOT AROUND?"

I tell her who, what, where, and hooooooowww it happened. Definitely the "profile" that Steph mentioned [hahah because we ALWAYS tell eachother that] .. and probably tell her what I think about the dude.. 'excited? possible prospect? eehhh.. we'll see how it goes..'
type of thing.

"You see a good looking guy, but don't have the courage to say something.. WHAT ARE YOU TEXTING YOUR BFF WHEN WE'RE NOT AROUND?"

Hahah I think mine would be a mix of Steph's aaaannd Marc's [Andrew why don't you ever post anything longer than 3 sentences?] - I would probably thiink.. "wwwooowww.. he is REALLY cute. So good looking. Damn I need to stop looking his way....... aahhh I can't stop I probably look like an idiot right now. Fuck it, I should say something. I SHOULD say something right? Okay I will. Wait, nevermind I can't. Fuuuck."

It's crazy how it's somewhat the same with both genders. As much as we may front about going up to someone.. when it really comes down to it - that shit is hard! Why do you think that happens? Lack of confidence? Afraid of "rejection"? You're shy?

Sheena said...
May 4, 2008 at 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment