V-Day.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I thought this was funny - it's from PostSecret.



I'm sure you boys would like that a lot eh? Anyways, I just wanted to ask the question on how everybody feels about Valentine's Day - since it IS tomorrow. There are actually two things that are going on tomorrow. Cupid is hittin people in the ass cheeks with their arrows and people are celebrating V-DAY.

We all know that this "holiday" - St. Valentine's Day is a day used to express one's love for another by bringing flowers, making cards, making boxes to put the cards in, giving candy, going out to dinner, etc. etc. - all that good stuff. I found that the history of Valentine's day to be interesting in that it is named after a martyr. Don't get me wrong though - I'm a total hopeless romantic and I'm all about that 'lovey dovey' stuff [not all the time though] and I'm not feeling at all 'bitter' about this 'holiday' - but expressing one's love for someone else is something that should happen all the time; maybe not with flowers & candy all the time but by the little things. C'mon, I know you 10% know what I'm talkin about - at least I hope you'd have an idea. :)

But since I am currently not in a relationship, this year Valentine's day is going to be called 'Single Awareness Day', hahahaha (Jae!) and I'll be celebrating V-Day. :)

From Wikipedia; "V-Day is a movement to end violence against women and girls inspired by Eve Ensler's play, "The Vagina Monologues." The movement was started in the late 1990s by author, playwright and activist, Eve Ensler. Ensler has been quoted as saying that it was women's reactions to the play that launched V-Day. After seeing "The Vagina Monologues," women would line up after to tell Eve their personal experiences, most often of sexual violence. ()"

Vagina Monologues.. how awesome. Sorta, not really.

Foreal though, power to the clean vajayjays!! Hahahah

I hope all you love birds out there have fun tomorrow..&better be gettin' some! Haha

Posted by Sheena at 10:57 AM  

2 comments:

V-Day is alright. The thing I have about V-Day is that why do you need a specific day out of the year to buy your significant other gifts? I say gentlemen, buy flowers randomly for your girl friend, a close female friend or even a sister or mama. It will catch them by suprise and it will show them how much you love them. And why do the ladies always have to get a gift on V-Day? I've always wanted to receive flowers or some chocolate.

Dom said...
February 13, 2008 at 3:46 PM  

tomorrow is just another day. me have fun? maybe not, cause ill end up treating it like any other day. like everyone else is saying, one day for this stuff? wiggity wiggity wack. i wont spill my bitterness in here [yes, im a bit bitter], but on a good note, this 10% knows exactly what you're saying. tune in later tonight for my view on v-day in my blog.

have a good v-day everyone. and happy single awareness day sheena and other Bachelor/ettes out there.

[marc]

Marc-James said...
February 13, 2008 at 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment